TO: Zim American Integrated Shipping Services Co. LLC
1011 S.W. Klickitat Way,
Seattle, Wa. 98134
You are receiving this letter as written notice that you will be targeted for boycott and economic damage until you take all steps possible to use your position of power within the State of Israel to make Israel comply with the demands of the international Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement (BDSmovement.net/call):
• Ending the occupation and colonization of all Arab lands and dismantling the Wall;
• Recognizing the fundamental rights of the Arab-Palestinian citizens of Israel to full equality;
• Respecting, protecting and promoting the rights of Palestinian refugees to return to their homes and properties as stipulated in UN resolution 194.
As a commercial shipping company, you should also demand and that the State of Israel respect the basic rights of movement and commerce of the people of Gaza:
• Freedom for Palestinians to move freely in and out of Gaza;
• Unrestricted import and export of supplies and goods, including by land, sea and air;
• Unrestricted use of the Gaza seaport
Since you are a major Israeli corporation and part of the Ofer Brothers conglomerate, you are in a unique position to persuade Israel to comply with these demands, which are in accord with international law and common decency. Until the State of Israel complies with these conditions, Puget Sound will join other port areas on the West Coast, around the U.S., and around the world in denouncing, boycotting, blockading, and causing other economic damage to your commerce and your corporation.
You have the opportunity to join the growing international movement for equal rights and justice for Palestinians. To protect ZIM from increasing commercial isolation, take immediate action to end Israel’s siege, blockade, occupation and imprisonment of the Palestinian people.
Block the Boat Northwest